"Everywhere I Go, Everybody Ring My Bell"

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Give me a chance Sir!

I have been to a meeting 2 days in a row on monday and tuesday. I love meetings. I look forward meeting new friends and learning some new tricks. I like to hear stories, that is heart warming.

One day a boy from an outskirt school attended an interview. It was his first attempt to solicit for a scholarship from one of the giant oil company. Infact it was his first interview experience after leaving school. That particular late morning, he was the last interviewee for the session. His heart pump fast as the interviewer called his name. He sweat profusely as the weather was hot. The interviewer greeted him as he replied softly with great respect. Seeing him sweat uncontrollably, the interviewer ask him to open his coat and tie. The interviewer receieved a rather unusual answer."Sir, I do not wish to open my tie and my coat that I am wearing now" The interviewer continued "Why?" "Sir, I am very excited today as it is the first time I am wearing a coat and a neck tie. In school I always admire how smart my headmaster is when he wore his tie and coat during our weekly assembly. I have always dream that one day I would be able to dress up like my headmaster. He was the only one person allowed to use a tie and a coat in the school. That's the reason why I do not wish to open this well ironed coat and tie that I am wearing now. Please give me a chance". "Okay, thats the end of our interview today. We will write you a reply soon" says the interviewer without asking further question. The boy smiled, wave and graciously says thank you.

tingtong

3 comments:

You Can "tingtong" Here. What You Say May Not Be True.