"Everywhere I Go, Everybody Ring My Bell"

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why I choose "tingtong"??

Chosing a name for a blog is not easy. Upon deciding to join the bloggers community in this blogsphere world, I spend almost the whole evening pondering for the best name. Naming my newborn daughter is no big deal though. The criteria is that it must be catchy, funny, meaningful and easy to remember.

"Niamah" by Patrick Teoh could be an inspiration?

After sipping a glass of coffee, woala!, I come out with this wonderful ringtone.
"tingtong-tingtong". 2 solid reasons why I choose this rather silly name.

First, it begins with my favourite student name Joe. Not that he is handsome like me but he is simply helpful, jovial and funny. Whenever its my period, he will spy on me and upon seeing me he will rush out from the classroom to offer his help to carry by laptop bag. Some of his friends says that he is eyeing for some kind of an award. I couldn't be bothered. He is there to make me happy.

This few days he has been bugging at me. With a certain kind of gesture, he pointed his finger to me and started uttering "I think....I think....TOOOONNNNG". We all break into laughter.

Funny Joe.

When I return to the staffroom, I will ponder and reflect on where he get those words. Is it from his english teacher?. Is it some kind of a prayer that he learn from his circle of friends? Is it something that he hears inside the blue bus? I don't know. As a science teacher I wanted to know. Create some hypothesis, make some questions and collect some data. I still don't know. Some day I will get the answer but naming a blog is top priority in my To-Do-List.

Second, it is simply a chime. When the "tingtong" chime rings, it indicates that somebody is coming. They come to get help, selling something or simply having an itchy hand.

So, a tingtong was born on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Can "tingtong" Here. What You Say May Not Be True.