"Everywhere I Go, Everybody Ring My Bell"

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where were all our Brothers?

Thats the question I have been pondering when I read The Star today.

End of the La Salle Brothers’ era
By ANDREA FILMER were read with sadness. It was a story of the last la salle brother principal in Malaysia. This story is close to my heart because we are the same la salle school like st xavier. It remind me of the sacrifices, the dedication and the spirit of a real la sallian principal cum teachers. It remind me of our very own brother up-stair that live and breath the same air with me.

.........."GEORGE TOWN: With St Xavier’s Institution being the first school the La Salle Brothers established in the country, Brother Paul Ho’s retirement will be a double milestone as he represents the last Brother principal in Malaysia."

“I suppose what makes the Brothers special is that we have no career ambitions.
“We are called to do our best for the kids and the teachers while following the principles of fairness and justice.
“Although everyone knows that SXI is a Christian school, there has been no such thing as evangelising the students. Race and religion are never brought up because this is a school,” he said.
“The legacy we have in SXI is one of pastoral care in which no child is left behind.
“We accept everyone, even those who cannot read or write. They all have a place here,” he adds.

...an excerpt from the paper.


Oh..How I will miss my very own brother when he is no longer with us anymore. I will always remember to greet him with a smile whenever I meet him.

tingtong to my brother!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Can "tingtong" Here. What You Say May Not Be True.